In the area of corrections, the Mission’s work will include:
- Support to the prison’s administration through the promulgation of the law on prisons;
- Placing MINUJUSTH corrections officers in key prison facilities to provide advisory and technical support on effective prison management, including gender-responsive prison management
- Elevate the Direction de l'administration pénitentiaire (DAP) to the level of a central directorate within the HNP;
- Implement the DAP Strategic Development Plan (2017 to 2021), including the certification by the DAP, of nine out of 19 Prisons in Haiti as capable of operating without full-time external support.
- Mentoring Directorate of Prison Administration officers at HQ level on management and administration
- Support the DAP to develop and implement a recruitment and training roadmap to increase by 2021 its personnel to 2,349, including 33 per cent women, compared to the current 1,649 DAP personnel.
- Reinforce the rehabilitation and reintegration of prison inmates.